Ramadan Around The World covers how children from various cultures around the world celebrate Ramadan. The purpose of this book is to illustrate the diversity of the Muslim community around the world. Children of various nationalities, abilities and disabilities are represented throughout the book. Also, families of diverse sizes and demographics have been equally represented. The book is narrated by the Ramadan moon who takes the reader around the world to visit children as they observe Ramadan.
As the moon visits each country, a wide range of cultural customs, dishes, traditional wear and key Ramadan spiritual practices are introduced to the reader. The young reader will be swept away with the bright colours and relatable content and also enjoy this journey of travel, discovery and learning.
WHY RAMADAN AROUND THE WORLD?
- Teaches children about people, cultures and countries across the world
- Focuses on inclusion and acceptance of diverse abilities, disabilities and family types e.g. single mother, raised by grandparents, two-parent homes, etc.
- Highlights key Ramadan vocabulary
- Vibrant and fun illustrated spreads that are easy to follow
- Includes a map for kids and info for educators on Ramadan
Excellet. Jzk Allah khair
I loved reading this book to my 5 yrs old and 2yrs old. They had a lot of questions during the book so it opened the door for me to answer things they are unsure about. Alhumdulilah it is a lovely book, however I did expect it to be a lot more thicker with more stories this is the only reason I give it an average 3 star rating. Considering the price of the book I would loved to have had much more content.
This book is lovely. The pictures are very colourful and captures the attention of young children. It’s an easy read too. Very happy with this purchase