Ramadan Legacy Planner NOW AVAILABLE
Meet Layla - fashion is her thing, she loves cats and is a maths genius!
Standing at 46cm (18in) tall, she's the one you can count on to style your outfits, help you when you get stuck with your maths homework, and sewing something new from recycled clothes.
Most likely to be: out in the backyard watering the plants, or flicking through a book with her pet cat Kiya by her side.
Check out our Augmented Reality feature video below - it's really cool!
Layla comes with:
- Augmented Reality Playmat: Say hi to a 3D version of Layla, brought to life through augmented reality on your smartphone or tablet through the Salam Sisters app. Download for free on the App Store or Google Play
- Storybook: Learn more about Layla's world through an original Salam Sisters story and activities (you can color in the pages of the book too!)
- Pre-styled scarf: We wish this came in adult sizes! An easy to slip on and velcro-into-place headscarf so Layla is always stylin' even when she's in a rush on her way to the masjid. Layla's is a sunshine yellow.
- Style-your-own scarf: With a nifty bit of elastic at the neck (no pins needed) and free-flowing ends, the style-your-own scarf encourages young minds to get experimental and create their own unique #HijabStyle. Layla's comes in a striking pink for when she feels like changing things up a bit.
- Undercap: Well, you can't really wear a hijab without one right? So we've designed an undercap specifically for our Salam Sisters, complete with velcro bits making it super easy to put on and hold our girls' hair in place.
- Hairbrush: Because Layla will arrive at your doorstep with her headscarf on, her hair might be a bit bent out of shape. Not to worry, we've included a hairbrush to help smooth things out because hair care counts for hijabi's too!
- Glasses: Layla has a vision impairment so she comes with a pair of glasses to help her see better.
- Cute outfit: Layla's vest is a bold combination of yellow and pink, layered over her light blue jeans and plain white shirt. Paired glittery silver flats to add some sparkle.
Salam Sisters Yasmina Doll